Sunday, September 6, 2009

Heroic Botanica Soloed!


I did it! Last night I was very lucky to have a few guild mates as well as a very pleasant pally from "aus" run a few BC heroics. Risa missed out on many of the achievement credit so she has been very behind on completing them. She has gotten a lot of nice gear but I have had doubts on her ability to solo many of the old heroics. I decided to try Botanica and she did it!.

The first part of the instance she had a lot of trash to clear out. After clearing the mobs up to the first boss area she was able to skip past several groups. As a hunter it was a simple matter of feigning death when aggro was obtained. Probably my favorite part was using her rocket boots (Woot engineering!) to bolt past some of the trash and rush to the end. Clearing one four pack of mobs in the second to last room and the little flowers next to the final boss was easier then expected. Having the two piece bonus from her tier five gear I feel really helped.

The final boss was a little more challenging then I expected. I did keep aimed shot on him to reduce the healing he received when he consumed the adds he summoned. Those trees beat me harder then I was expecting. Standing a bit too close I was also hit by his stomp.

In the end though he went down and I was pleased I managed to solo this heroi
c. Makes me wonder if I could do the last two alone. Dark Portal would be the most difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment