Friday, September 11, 2009

PTR: Patch 3.2.2. Battleground Changes



Patch 3.2.2. will change the way we are able to queue for a battleground.

  • Players may now only queue for no more than two Battlegrounds at a time.
  • The dialog box for entering a Battleground match has been changed to reflect the following options: “Enter Battle,” “Leave Queue,” and “Minimize.”
  • The time a player has to enter a battle when selected has been reduced to 40 seconds when not already in a Battleground and 20 seconds when in a Battleground.
  • Players already in a Battleground can now choose “Enter Battle” for a new Battleground under any circumstance (i.e. while dead, in combat, falling, etc.).
  • A new Battleground will not launch until the maximum number of players on each side are in the queue (i.e. 40 players per side for Alterac Valley).

The ability to only queue for two battlegrounds affects me slightly. I liked having the option to queue for three. In the event my side was severely outnumbered I liked having an escape from a lost cause. I'm not a coward in a fight but I find it a waste of my game time to be stepped on by overwhelming numbers repeatedly while waiting for the opposite faction to win. Since BG can be dragged on by players it simply stops being fun.

I'll gladly sacrifice myself if my side can accomplish goals and work as a team but it morally sucks when you are in a battleground, you are outnumbered, and just as the other side is about to win we finally get the numbers but by then the battle is seconds from ending.

If it is true that a Battleground WILL NOT launch until the maximum number of players on EACH side are in queue then this change will have little to no impact.

I'm not one to endorse Battlegroup jumping. Premades used to do it all the time back in Burning Crusade all the time and changes were made to prevent this. If the Battlegrounds will be balanced then players won't feel the need to skip around in the queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment