Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Sorry. Cat Jumped On Keyboard.


I was playing before server shut down and we had a good 10 minutes to finish Heroic Utgarde Pinacle.

This was a second run for a PUG I joined which had planned both Utgarde Keep and UP.

On the second pull our tank managed to aggro both the left and right groups when he charged the mobs in the center. This lead to our first wipe.

He apologized and said his cat caused the wipe by jumping on his keyboard.

We wiped on the second to last boss due to the priest being inside the whirlwind. Almost killed him! So as we are running back to recover I hear the boss shout again as if someone had aggroed him. All of the party members except our priest were with me and we were running back near the entrance. After a few seconds and seeing that our priest was not dead, she leaves the group.

I swear... what is it with quitters? We could have finished in time or at least attempted it. Seriously this one boss has a chance to drop a mount. You want to call it on that when you can at least down him in 4 min? When I join a group I feel committed to see it to the end. I understand there can be stupidity involved at times or that players can cause frustration for one to leave a group. However when you're downing bosses and clearing the instance why quit? You've got nothing to lose if the server is restarting or shutting down for maintenance. I can understand if you want to return to an inn for rest bonus but we're level capped!

Obviously people view the matter differently. We're all different people with different ideals and morals. I am disappointed that the true character of people will come out with the anonymity of being on the internet, behind an avatar.

Such is life.

Oh I thought there was no quest involved but just remembered I needed berserkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment